Follow on Twitter

Monday, November 15, 2010

Success - My Road Map

I have not the luxury of eternity. Yet, I must practice patience. Nature never works in haste. -- Og Mandino quote

I have neither the knowledge nor experience to achieve greatness, to achieve my goals, to achieve dreams. So I will follow the principles of success ...

What are those principles?

1. To start fresh -- today I will begin a new life.

2. To greet each day, each person, each challenge with love. Without love, I will fail even though I may possess all the world's knowledge.

3. To persist until I succeed. I will try and try and try again and put yesterday's failures behind me. I will persist. And I will succeed.

4. I will recognize that I have a unique purpose. I will imitate no one. I will proclaim my uniqueness. I am nature's greatest miracle!

5. I will live this day as though it were my last.

6. I will become a master of my emotions. I will master myself.

7. Never will I become so self-involved, so important, so powerful as to forget to laugh at myself. I will cultivate a sense of perspective.

8. I will aim high and multiply my value a hundredfold. I will always strive to make the next hour better than the last.

9. I will act. Now.

10. I will pray ... for patience, wisdom, courage, love, and compassion -- and to develop the abilities that will match my opportunities.

By using these principles each day as my guide I will reach my goals!

These ideas were written by Og Mandino in a great little book, The Greatest Salesman in the World. But these principles may be applied to any profession or avocation. They need not be limited to sales.

This weblog will be changing over time, expanding from energy efficiency to cover other subjects -- including personal development. Stay tuned!

(For a copy of Mandino's book, check out Amazon

2 comments: