Follow on Twitter

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oblique = Indirect
A strategic approach to getting out of a rut

When my imagination gets stuck, I try this online tool -- Oblique Strategies generator, derived or based on the product of the same name developed by Brian Eno, the English rock and ambient musician.

In reference to: Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies -- Random Generator (view on Google Sidewiki)

The value of this tool is that it challenges me -- I often get stuck when trying to find a new way to improve myself, my work, and my outreach to others. A 'rethink' is often in order.

What is also good is it allows me to use music as away to expand my ideas. I listen to a lot of Ambient music,  which blends classical and electronica and popular music into something 'new.'

No comments:

Post a Comment